Thursday, January 08, 2009

Something to look forward to on the weekend...other than just looking forward to the weekend in general.

Believe it or not, there are actually some interesting things happening on television this weekend. And so you don’t forget any of them (like I did the Damages premiere last night, d’oh!), I’ve arranged them for you in no particular order. Actually, they are in broadcast order, so whatever.

Neil Patrick Harris on Saturday Night Live (Saturday night, 11:30pm, NBC). I think the NBC studios might implode from containing the awesomeness that is NPH. Especially if he sings something. OMG, what if they do a sketch where he plays Dr. Horrible?!?!

The Story of India, Part 2 (Sunday night, PBS, check PBS.com for your affiliate’s show time). I know it’s hard to imagine compressing the history of an entire country into a mini-series, but this one is beautiful to look at and interesting to watch. And at least it’s a 6 part mini-series, so it’s not like their being chintzy.

24 (Sunday, 8:00pm, FOX). I know this is like the twentieth season premiere of 24 or whatever, but would you believe I have never watched the show? Despite being strangely attracted to Keifer Sutherland.

The 66th Golden Globes Awards (Sunday, 8:00pm, NBC). Let’s all watch and see what other boring and mediocre shows get awards! Hey, maybe someone’s boob will fall out of their gown or something. Bright side!

1 comment:

Monkey Sri said...

I watched about a minute of The Story of India. As soon as the narrator said, "this is the first time these ancient rituals have been documented by outsiders" I switched channels. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a chance, but I found the attitude condescending. I am not a bloody Noble Savage, thanks very much.