Saturday, February 13, 2010

What have they done to Chuck?

So this weekend amidst the Blizzard of 2010 and its sequel, I caught up on back episodes of Chuck. Unfortunately they lined Chuck up against House this season and for me there is no contest. Though I thoroughly enjoyed Chuck's past seasons, the wit of Levy is no match for House. Additionally, since I am not technology inept I am tivoing HIMYM on CBS while watching House. And we KNOW the cast of Chuck can't compare the with Cast of How I Met Your Mother.

That's the beauty that is the Internet. I have spent some time catching up and....I would like my time back. The premise of this show was nerd thrown into spy world. I know characters have to grow and blah blah blah, but they have worked it so its just another spy show. The pizazz of Chuck is gone. It is boring and I am fighting to get through each episode.

I give it one more season max. It can't hold its own in the time slot AND its slipping fast...

Poor chuck :(

2 comments:

Maggie Cats said...

I have been kind of off and on regarding this current season too. I think the show is at its best when the different areas of Chuck's world collide; having Awesome get more involved in the spy stuff was a really great idea and did a lot for the show. I wonder if Ellie will ever find out Chuck's secrets?

Anis Syakira said...

I'm totally in agreement on this. But I have hopes that they realised the show was geting lamer and then they'll come up with some cool idea and it'll become the old Chuck again. I'm speaking this based on Desperate Housewive season 6. The first few episodes were a pain.