Monday, December 15, 2008

Winter Hiatus Blues

I remember when I used to look forward to winter hiatus, mostly because it gave me a chance to catch up on my DVR backlog. But now that the DVR has dropped below 30% (I refuse to delete this season's episodes of Pushing Daisies and Supernatural) and I'm not recording hardly anything anymore...I find myself getting kinda sad. And kinda twitchy.

I miss the anticipation of the latest episode of my favorite shows! And the hustle and bustle of trying to keep up with the latest happenings. It's like how excited you are the night before a big event: your birthday, Christmas, a vacation, etc. etc. etc. And then you wake up the day after and realize it's all over and you have nothing else on the horizon to look forward to. And then you get depressed.

So I guess I have winter hiatus depression. With nothing but weeks and weeks ahead of repeats to look forward to, what am I going to do to fill my time? Read? Interact with people? In the words of Emerson Cod, "oh, hells no."

No new episodes makes Maggie a sad snowman. *cries*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe you should check out Trans-Siberian Orchestra, I hear they play in DC every December!.

Maggie Cats said...

Hmm...that's a good idea. Although I think their 3 HOUR CONCERT is a little long.