Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sword of Truth

You would think someone who helped manage a tv blog would be up on the latest news. Yeah, not so much.

Apparently, the news that Sam Raimi was creating a television series from Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth novels has been out there for a while, but this is the first I've heard of it. Thanks, Wikipedia!

According to a press release on Terry Goodkind's website, the series will be one hour long, is aimed for the forthcoming Fall 2008 season, and will be aired in syndication.

As a fan of the books, I'm pretty excited about this, just as I am about HBO producing a series from George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series. My only concern is that fantasy series in syndication seem to trend more towards the Xena and Hercules area then the more serious, adult themes consistent with the Sword of Truth books. But I will withhold judgment until I see it and until then will just be excited!

Look, I love me some Joxer. But Xena wasn't exactly known for it's seriousness, you know? Also, that's Sam Raimi's brother! Ted Raimi is so adorkable. Seaquest DSV, represent!

No comments: