The only drawback of watching this show marathon-style (two to three episodes a night) is that the formula becomes painfully obvious. To wit:
1. The patient is shown falling ill in an unexpected and/or hilarious way. Cue theme.Mix in some of House's good-natured racism/ chauvinism/ antisemitism, ordering his minions to break the law (and they usually do), and a bit of sexual tension with
2. House is forced to take an interest by one of his minions.
3. The team's first diagnosis is proven wrong when the treatment causes the patient's condition to worsen. House takes a moment to torture his minions.
4. House is forced to interact with the patient and/or family to get to the truth.
5. He decides on a risky treatment that will almost certainly kill the patient (but never does).
6. Something he learned/saw during the walk-in clinic will lead him to the answer.
7. House delivers the final diagnosis and, in a shocking turn of events, the patient is saved!
8. Instead of accepting the family's heartfelt signs of gratitude, House skulks off into the corner to pop a few Vicodin.