Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This made my Day (see what I did there?)

I admit it - I'm a Felicia Day fangirl. You know it, I know it. And thanks to an awkward encounter during Comic Con last year, Felicia Day knows it.


On the bright side, my well-known obsession leads Maggie Cats to send me links like this one: Felicia Day slays the Internet with 'The Guild.' Set aside for a moment that they should've titled this piece "Felicia Day wins the Internet." This is a great article about how Day and her web series, The Guild, is quietly subverting the basis of the entertainment industry as we know it - to wit, money.

"When I tell somebody, 'I don't know if the right move is to make this into a TV pilot,' or a movie or whatever, they look at me like I'm an alien," says Day. "I think a lot of people think the end-all, be-all is to be a part of that Hollywood machine. For me, I love what I do all day." And so do we, Felicia. So do we.

Check out Season 4, Episode 1, or start from the beginning at http://www.watchtheguild.com/.

No comments: