Monday, August 25, 2008

Actually, I don't want my MTV.

Defamer has a really great article about how people who put MTV on the map wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the channel these days. The channel that once stood for youth counter-culture has now become a Gomorrah of youthful excess. My Super Sweet 16, anyone?

I'm not the first person to sit around and bitch about how MTV doesn't show videos anymore, how The Real World has become completely disgusting, and how the channel has basically become the home of male and female alcoholic fame-seeking whores, but that doesn't change the fact that it kind of sucks. I used to stay up late and watch Headbanger's Ball and rush home after school for TRL. Guess those days are gone.

Anyway, sitting around and moping won't change anything. I guess I'll just sit back and watch The Hills.

Oh, old school MTV, where did you go?

No comments: