Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks

As we inch closer to Thanksgiving (and I mean inch. Is it just me or is this week draaaagging?) we need to take some time and take stock of things we are thankful for. Family, friends, blah blah blah. I mean the things we are REALLY thankful for, like good television.

And what better way to give thanks to good television, then by watching some of the best Thanksgiving moments that tv has to offer? That way we can give thanks and be entertained. It's a win/win.

First up: one of the most classic Thanksgiving moments EVER. And for once, my use of caps is not hyperbole. I mean it, this is one of the most enduring television clips associated with Thanksgiving. Ladies and gentleman, the WKRP in Cincinnati Turkey Drop:



Next, we jump forward a few decades to a new Thanksgiving tradition: Slapsgiving. I don't know about you, but I prefer my holidays with unrepentant violence and jaunty songs:



Finally, I guess we should spend some time actually pondering what Thanksgiving is about. And I personally can't think of a better spokesman than the best politician of all time, Jed Bartlett.



I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, pie, light traffic, friends, and more pie.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

You forgot the various Friends episodes, especially the One with... oh wait, I can't decide which is the best! And did anyone catch Slapsgiving 2?