Thursday, August 06, 2009

Comic Con: Bones

For the record, I don’t watch Bones. I think I made it through the first two or three episodes before I decided to throw in the towel. I don’t think it’s bad, but it just seemed like a standard crime procedural and even my love for David Boreanaz couldn’t keep me interested.

Having said that, I know a lot of people are crazy about it (including my Dad and Stepmom) and I kind of keep an eye on what’s going on with it just from reading about tv news. For example: I know that Booth is in a coma and apparently had some big hallucination where he and Brennan were married. I know that Hodgins and Angela dated, and I know that Zack was apparently in league with the bad guy last season. So I wasn’t totally in the dark when I ended up sitting in on the panel at Comic Con (I was there since it was scheduled right before the Dollhouse panel).

However, since I don’t really follow the show, and in an effort to get more posts out, I’m going to present the news and scoop from Bones in bullet points. You have a problem, take it up with management. Except there is none, so haha!

--David Boreanaz couldn’t attend due to the pending birth of his daughter. Everyone was sad.

--The producer of the show described last seasons’ finale as a “love letter to the fans” who wanted to see Booth and Brennan together. The he realized he screwed up because all those same fans were royally pissed with the coma twist. He said that loyal fans would get it, but causal fans wouldn’t. Hmm. Judging by the audience reaction, I wouldn't be so sure of that, buddy.

--Emily Deschanel wants the characters together eventually but knows it’s tricky on television (everyone references the Moonlighting debacle).

--Emily is quick with the sexual innuendo and likes making fun of the other panelist. I like her.

--The new season’s premiere will pick up 6 weeks later and is concerned with whether Booth can bring himself back to work and deal with the confusion of his feelings for Brennan.

--The frozen sperm will be addressed next season. Uh, yay?

--David Boreanaz is directing the show’s 100th episode.

--Cyndi Lauper will guest-star next season playing a character named Avalon Harmonia who is, you guessed it, Angela’s psychic who leads the team to a few dead bodies arousing suspicion.

--Tamara was the most squeamish actor on the show.

--The show would love to have Zack back, but the actor has moved to NYC and they would have to make sure it would fit with his schedule.

--Episode 5 or 6 of next season deals with the trial of the Gravedigger and we will likely find out what Brennan wrote in her goodbye note.

No comments: