Sunday, June 07, 2009

Drinking the Kool-Aid

When Gossip Girl started two years ago, I was over-stuffed with shows and it didn't make the cut. And then I resisted the urge to get involved even though a lot of people kept going on and on about how great it was. It's not every show that gets consistent A+s from Jacob over at TWOP.

And then I went to Las Vegas with my friend Chris and he brought the first season on DVD. And we watched the first episode. And I got hooked.

It's not like I really wanted to get addicted to a show about a bunch of privileged self-involved high schoolers. And it's not like ANYONE's high school experience is actually like this. And don't point me in the direction of Bravo's new series NYC Prep, because you know those kids are lying through their teeth and just want to be on reality television.

ANYWAY. Gossip Girl is really good, the characters aren't as one dimensional as I was expecting, the clothes are just as ridiculous as I was hoping*, and this show is totally going to be the current generation's Dynasty.

And how can I resist something that has the involvement of Kristen Bell? She is the gossip girl, after all.

*speaking of clothes, what the eff is up with Chuck Bass' wardrobe? Seriously, it just gets more and more weird. Scarves are his thing? Ugh. Also, I have some trouble telling all the white boys apart on this show. Chuck, Nate, Dan...they kind of all look the same.

Scarves? Really?

I mean, seriously.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Chuck Bass is LIFE.