Tuesday, May 27, 2008

First Instinct: Sad, Second Instinct: Happy

Hi, everyone! There has been an appalling lack of updates lately, but that's what happens when you get sent to Boston for a week for work and put in a REALLY nice hotel that charges $10 a day for internet so you leave your laptop at home.

Anyway.

The news broke recently that Russel T. Davis is leaving Doctor Who (he's the head writer and basically the guy who created the newest incarnation of the long-running show).

At first I was all, bummer. But then I saw that replacing him is Steven Moffat. And I thought, HELL YES. He of "The Empty Child," The Doctor Dances," "The Girl in the Fireplace," and "Blink." The man is a genius.

And as much as I love Russell, his tendency to portray a sparkly Jesus Doctor was getting a bit grating and heavy-handed.


From sparkly Jesus Doctor....


....to totally effing scary. Woot!

So bring it, BBC! Just don't tell me if David Tennant is leaving. One, I hate spoilers, and two, I don't think my heart can take it. I still haven't gotten over my Christopher Eccleston abandonment issues.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Dude, you had me at "no more fluffy marshmallow fat monsters."

I mean, really.

Yay Moffatt!!