Friday, August 27, 2010

An Ounce of Prevention...

My Mom is full of little nuggets of wisdom. Two of her most famous saying pertain to the need to be organized and take steps to ensure that you are prepared for whatever life throws your way. These saying are, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" and "proper preparation prevents poor performance." Basically, if you get your shit together from the onset, you can spare yourself a lot of trouble later.

That's the modern interpretation, if you were wondering.

I don't see any reason why you can't apply these sayings to your television watching. Especially going into the new Fall season when new shows and old returning favorites abound. If you don't take the time to get prepared, how would you ever figure out what you needed to watch/record? So break out the Excel spreadsheet, because it's time to get this thing going.

And to help you out, the folks over at Entertainment Weekly have provided a handy premiere calendar breaking down by day and time when shows are airing. And if you're struggling with deciding what to watch/give a chance, at TWOP you can find recommendations on what to watch...and what to miss.

From the few previews and bit of buzz I've heard, I'm looking forward to Nikita, Undercovers, and Hawaii 5-0. Especially since I just learned that a friend of mine's Dad will be appearing in Hawaii 5-0 as a regular extra. But really, I don't have a burning desire for any of the new shows, I'm too wrapped up in waiting for the returning shows to come back. Vampire Diaries, Glee, House, etc. Bring it on, Fall!

And when it comes to the new shows, remember. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I don't think I can handle any new shows! I'm too behind on the old ones.

Cheryl said...

I don't know if looking forward to is the right expression, but I'm very much intrigued by My Generation. I'll definitely be checking that one out. There are a few others I'll probably watch as well but mostly I'm like you, I'm not super excited about any of them.