Thursday, February 08, 2007

Secret Boyfriend of the Week

Zach Gilford aka Matt Saracen.


He’s the mumbly, kind of shy, star quarterback of Dillon High School’s football team on Friday Night Lights, and he managed to steal my heart from the first time I laid eyes on him. I defy any woman to watch him sing to his addled Grandmother and tuck her in for the night and not want to bed him immediately. And that’s ok, because I’m pretty sure the actor is really in his early 20s and not in his teens. He holds the Panthers together with his quiet, strong leadership, and it doesn’t hurt that is his best friend, Landry, is made of awesome. Here are some of my fav Matt moments (please, note…I didn’t start watching FNL until around episode 6, so I am sure there are great moments from the beginning of the season I missed):

-Matt calms down his grandmother who has locked herself in a closet by singing to her and pretending to be his grandfather (his grandmother is very loveable, but not quite right).

-Matt calls out his Dad (who has recently returned from Iraq) for being a selfish dick.

-Matt begs Julie to join his powderpuff football team. His quiet, “please?” just about broke my heart.

-Matt looks at the camera and lets me see his pretty pretty face.

No comments: