Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Horrible Aftermath: where are they now?

For those of you who have not seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, do not speak to me until you have corrected this egregious error. For those of you who have, come sit by me and I will tell you what the stars of that seminal web series have been up to lately. Yes, I know that they were all famous before Horrible and basically went back to their "real" jobs after. Just... shh.



Felicia Day, aka Penny, in The Guild

Season 5 of Felicia Day's web series, The Guild, has been up and running for several weeks now. In this season, the guildies travel to "Megagame-O-Ramacon," a giant nerd-gasmic convention for all things sci-fi/fantasy. Sounds vaguely familiar... Like a similar national convention whose name escapes me at the moment, celebrities both large and small abound. Guest appearances featured Brent Spiner (squee!), Eliza Dushku (meh), Tom Lenk (adorbs!), and many, many, more. Including...


Captain Hammer! Or is it Captain Tightpants?


And this just highlights for me one of the best things about being a sci-fi/fantasy fan. The actors, in general, don't take themselves too seriously. They're open to doing things like signing autographs - at, I don't know, a convention for comic books - and appearing on a popular but low-budget web series, just to give their fans a thrill.



The name of that convention is on the tip of my tongue...

Next Up: NPH is totally the star of HIMYM. Deal with it.

No comments: