Friday, May 14, 2010

BLOG RETRACTION!

Awhile back...I think in October I slammed CW's Vampire Diaries. The plot was slow and the acting awful. I shook my finger at the network's attempt at ripping off the Twilight Saga. What I didn't tell you was that I kept watching. And watching...and watching. And I am so sad to report I am an addict. The seasons finale of Vampire Diaries last night out did all of the other television I watched this week. There are twists, turns and the characters have been more fully developed.



The acting remains iffie. Paul Wesley, plays the lead vamp Stefan, is awful. His acting never improved. However, the peripheral characters were developed more and more and once the plot stop centering on Stefan and Elena's EPIC romance the show got good.

***Spoiler Alerts*** The season finale was spectacular. It really reeled me in and had me yelling at my television. The last 10 minutes sold me on staying on board. I almost lost it screaming at the TV when the show took a major twist and Elena and Damon kissed. I practically freaked! Of course, it turns out that it wasn't Elena, but Catherine but it was a true WTF moment. Additionally, I was shocked they killed off Anna. I really liked her. She was my favorite character, but the loss I assume motivated Jeremy to end it all. I hope he becomes a vamp! Talk about family drama!

If you haven't given the show a chance (I will take the blame), check out season one on DVD. The show was renewed for a second season and returns next January so we will see where they take it!

No comments: