Monday, January 28, 2008

Torchwood: our first and only line of defense. Y'all, we are so screwed.

It's no secret that we here at tvsluts had major issues with the first season of Torchwood. Despite the presence of Captain Jack Hotness, the characters were all really unlikeable, really dumb, and all the OMG CARDIFF!!1!! scenery in the world couldn't save it.

Although the second season premiere (which debuted on BBC America this past Saturday) seemed to hint that Season 2 would be slightly better, the show still managed to be just so-so, mostly due to the clunkiest expositional dialogue I have ever heard. James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) was awesome, I'll grant you, but it's gonna take a lot more than a one-time appearance from one of my favorite actors to get me entirely behind this show. I will say that Owen did not bug me hardly at all during the episode, although I did cheer when he got shot. Some habits are just too hard to break.

Having said that, enjoy these bloopers from Season 1. Too bad the real actors seem so much more interesting than the characters they are forced to portray.


No comments: